Often you need a latitude & longitude to do things like put markers on a map on your website. So how to find them? Using Google maps and a ‘special’ test feature not in the main Google maps.
- Go to http://maps.google.co.uk
- Click on the Maps Labs link in the bottom left of the maps.google.co.uk screen
- Tick Enable next to LatLng Tool Tip
- Then click save changes
- Now right click somewhere on the map
- Select Drop LatLng Marker
- Now select the text it shows and use Ctrl-C to copy it and paste it where you need it
There you have it – your latitude and longitude value!