You might be a startup looking to create your supporting website or an established business looking to expand onto the web for the first time; either way, it can be a daunting process. At WebSanity we have a lot of experience helping customers just like you who are new to the web.
For a start, we like to speak plain English, not techno-speak. Of course you are going to be exposed to various technical concepts that you’ll have to understand the implications of, but we can explain the things you need to know and make decisions about things you don’t need to know on your behalf. (Have a look at our glossary to see our explanations of some common web terms).
We also take the time to understand your business, what it needs, and advise you on how best that can be addressed on the internet. We won’t try to oversell to you; we’ll only make recommendations that we genuinely feel are appropriate to your business. Developing websites doesn’t take place in a vacuum and WebSanity can also give help and advice on basic things like getting connected to the internet, hooking up email, sorting out backups etc. etc.
If you would like us to give you a quote for developing a website, we’d be delighted to do that. However, we feel it is far better for most businesses new to the web to get some help on the initial planning stage BEFORE quoting for developing a website. This is vital to ensuring that you get the best possible solution at the lowest possible price.
To address the specific needs of businesses new to the web we have developed a special package:
‘New to web’ website planning package
This package gives you vital help and advice when you need it most – when planning your website. It includes:
- Visiting you to get a thorough understanding of your needs, talk through the process of developing a website, explain relevant terminology, go through implications for your business, discuss the functionality and structure of your website and give personal advice and guidance.
- Sending you a report summarising the key points discussed at the meeting, including extra advice that we feel appropriate to you.
- Writing a detailed requirements document, putting down on paper exactly what needs to be developed to best meet your business needs.
- Reviewing and updating the requirements document after subsequent discussions with yourself.
- Answering any questions about the proposed development.
- Quoting you for how much it would cost to develop something to meet your requirements.
For this we usually charge a fee of £400, however, because we see the massive benefit that it gives in helping you to clarify your requirements and makes the whole web site development process so much smoother (for you and us!), we are currently offering a refund of £200 when we finish building that solution for you. So effectively for just £200 we are taking away the uncertainty that you may have over developing your website and ensuring that you get the best possible solution at the best possible price. Contact us if you would like to take advantage of this special offer.